Steotchalong Roll Call

Home Forums Steotchalong 2014 Steotchalong Roll Call

Tagged: 

• Author

Will you be stitching along? Who and where are you? Are you a beginning stitcher or a big shot? Got an Etsy to pimp? Let’s be friends.

• #1000 Reply

Miranda

I would say I am an intermediate stitcher. This is my first stitch along, and I am looking forward to it!

• #1046 Reply

Sasha

Hello, my fine needle-happy friends. My name is Sasha, I live in London and I will be stitching along. This is the second one for me. Tragically, the first was stolen by a former coworker.

• #1047 Reply

princess moody
    Participant

Hey howdy hey! My name is Sara and I have a soft spot for mystery stitching. This will be my second Steotchalong, and I hope to hit the target dates this time around. But…probably not. I would say that I am intermediate, stitch-wise. Last year’s Steotchalong was the first time that I encountered 1/4 stitches, and I kind of hope to never see them again. Evil, but lovely!

I haz Etsy, and it’s here: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Stitchnanigans?ref=search_shop_redirect

Not much, but slowly building to it 🙂

• #1050 Reply
    fairiefire
    fairiefire
    Participant

I’m Autumn, a hypnotherapist / author / college professor in South Florida. I’m an intermediate stitcher despite 30 years of practice. This is my first stitch-along and I’m super excited that I already own all the colors needed for this project. I like to stitch on the couch with old movies on the TV that I can listen to without watching.

• #1052 Reply
    Sedna
    Sedna
    Participant

Hey hey! You can call me Sedna; I’ve stitched on and off since I was in my teens, and I’d call myself an intermediate stitcher. This is my first stitch-along and I’m excited to give it a shot!

• #1076 Reply
    cottagenest
    cottagenest
    Participant

Hi!
    This will be my second Steotchalong and I love that we can all connect via forums. I live about an hour north of New Orleans and own a gift and craft boutique. I have been cross-stitching since I was 11 or 12. I also sew and crochet — I kind of have a fiber problem.

I am on etsy and my shop has its own site.

• #1193 Reply

Glad you’re here, Lisa! I crochet, too, but it’s taken a backseat to stitching for the past 5 years. You wouldn’t know it by looking at my yarn stash in the attic, tho. 🙂

• #1077 Reply

Dessah

I’m Dessah, from Georgia. This will be my first stitch along! I was only recently introduced to cross stitch (and this stitch along) by a friend who is always doing awesome crafts. 🙂

Since I only have 1.5 projects under my belt, I consider myself to be whatever falls under newbie, cause I’m not sure I’ve even earned that title yet. Lol

Excited to see how it goes!

• #1081 Reply

Kathleen

Greetings and salutations. I’m Kathleen, and I played along last year too. I’ve only done a few projects, Mr. Jackson, some tiny chicken thing I got a a buck at savers, and a Eddie Murphy quote I started for my husband… (I’ll share that in the gallery whenever I get it done, it’s pretty danm nonsensical…)

Bring on the dancing girls.

• #1126 Reply

Julie

Dessah, you and I are together on this! I’ve stitched a few things, but only from kits, and I feel pretty much like a newbie, too. I’m stitching in Albuquerque, NM, and although this is my first Steotchalong, I did get to see the product of last year’s from a couple of friends who also live here (and are much more accomplished than I am). Cottagenest, I also have a fiber problem (I knit and crochet).

Looking forward to stitching with y’all!

• #1152 Reply

Dessah

Yay! A fellow extra-newbie! I’ve since completed my last project to get ready for Sunday, so I have a whopping TWO projects under my belt!

I’m really excited for the surprise of blindly stitching. 😛

• #1131 Reply

Katy

Hello! This is my second stitchalong, but I’m still not done with the first one yet 🙁 Although you guys starting up the new one is definitely getting my rear in gear. I’ve been sick this weekend, and spent pretty much the whole time on the couch trying to get it completed. I had left it at week 4, and now I’m just beginning the outlining work on week 7… at least 16 solid hours of stitching later. I was a raw beginner going into last year’s project, and holy heck it’s been rough! Based on the color selection this year, I’m guessing this pattern will be easier, and definitely easier to work on in low light! No trying to differentiate 12 different colors of brown.

• #1151 Reply

Dessah

I have the same “low light” problem. I got a clip on light from joann’s for $10 (with a 50% off coupon) and I clip it to my shirt. Its not hot like a lamp and it gives off a “daylight” clear light. Really helped a lot. 🙂

• #1142 Reply
    mirandom
    mirandom
    Participant

Hello, I’m Miranda, librarian/cat lady/stitcher from small town Illinois. I’ve been stitching for a couple of years. This is my first steotchalong and I’m really looking forward to it!

• #1169 Reply

Dmyers4uccs
    Participant

Hullo, Danielle here! I’m in Colorado, and ready to get my ass kicked with this steotchalong. I stitched as a kid, but let my needles skills fall into ruin; I’ll declare myself a beginner. But I’m excited for this! Let’s doo iitt!

• #1170 Reply
    Liisa
    Liisa

Hey there! I did last year’s stitch along and managed to stay on schedule but that was before we moved and had a baby. Here’s hoping I find time to get my supplies ready for start day *fingers crossed*. I’m relatively new to cross-stitch but I used to do petit point with my mom as a kid so it’s almost the same. I also knit and make scrapbook style cards. You know…when I have time.

• #1171 Reply

Dookita

I’m from Pittsburgh and I’m an old pro in the sense that I’ve completed many samplers and a n00b in the sense that I haven’t really gained much skill in the process. I was a Steotchalong 1 dropout, but someday, I’m going to finish it… someday…

• #1172 Reply

withmyneedles

I’ve been stitching since I was 8, but do a lot of other fiber craft as well, so I would say I’m at the low end of advanced? I hope to stitch along, but also my due date falls squarely in the middle of the stitch along! So I figured on getting half way. I loved the stitch along last year, despite buying some off brand floss that wasn’t the right color!

• #1173 Reply
    vermontgirl
    vermontgirl
    Participant

Hi! My name’s Amy, I live in Vermont. I finished last year’s pattern and am looking forward to a more relaxing Steotchalong this year 🙂

• #1174 Reply

Kim

I’m Kim from Chicago. I’d say I’m advanced. I’ve been stitching for probably over half my life and I’m excited to start the Steochalong.

• #15310 Reply

Claudia

The type of physician I would like to work for is a Pediatrician. Pediatrician’s seltiapcy is to work with children. I have been working with children for a long time mainly because I work at a daycare facility. I’ve got to a point where I feel like I can handle anything that will come my way with them. It would also leave me feeling good at the end of the day to know that I have helped in some way to make a child feel better.The type of physician I would not care to work for is a Epidemiologist. Epidemiologist’s specialize in epidemics caused by infections agents and also work with sexually transmitted diseases. I feel if I were to work in this type of seltiapcy I would be putting my self at risk of exposure to these infectious agents. Also I would be focusing a lot of my time on trying to not get infected instead of having a steady mind on what I was actually supposed to be doing.

• #1175 Reply
    laura
    Laura

Hellllooooo!!!!

I’m Laura, small town girl living in the big city of Dallas. I’m a fair weather stitcher and do so when the mood strikes…which is often, but sometimes leaves me with unfinished projects. I do have several finished projects under my belt, but none that involve much more than backstitching. I was one of the wimps who gave up during the last mystery stitch along…1/2 stitches, 1/4 stitches…no thanks! 🙂 I’m also a product of peer pressure as my best friend, Caroline, is an expert stitcher. Autumn, we’ll probably be getting together on our couches watching old movies that don’t require us to actually watch, too!

One stitch at a time, we’re all in this together! Looking forward to it.

• #1176 Reply

tikigirl

This will be my first stitch-along. I was going to try last year and had too much going on so I didn’t get to be a part. I am an intermediate stitcher. I like to mix and match patterns to make my own spin on things and personalize my creations. I can’t wait for this stitch-along to start! I have a project in the works but am finding it hard to stay motivated for some reason. Hoping this spurs me to finish it up while stitching along!

• #1180 Reply

Where the men at?

• #1181 Reply

McCaslandia
    Participant

I am Ashley from Missouri, I am an experienced beginner I guess. I learned how to stitch as a child but only recently started again. This is my first Steotch-along and I am looking forward to it.

• #1183 Reply

Val

Hi! I’m Valerie from Myrtle Beach, SC. I did last years stitch but I’m still not great. My instagram is youlookfat. Some of us follow each other for stitching updates

• #15837 Reply

Fabian

Wooooooooooohooooooooo! Look it’s me!! I don’t know what magic you all worked betewen the comments and fiddling about but I can see and read and the computer hasn’t crashed – YAY!Thanks for listening Chooky and I shall go back now and read what I missed :-)(hahahaha word verification is ‘maxed’)

• #1184 Reply

Gentle Stitchers!
    I’m so happy to see each and every one of you! Lots of familiar faces and some new ones, too. I hope you all have a good time with this- yes, it’ll be easier and less involved than last year’s. We hope you all have fun with it, n00bs and stitching ninjas alike.

I love seeing where everyone is from and reading your intros. Welcome, beotches!

• #1186 Reply
    Mama Dragon
    Jaime

Very excited to join you all – this is my first Steotchalong. Been stitching since I was 10, so almost 30 years now!

Thanks for putting this together, I’m really looking forward to it 🙂

• #1194 Reply

Yomama

Hi, I’m a quilting mama from the Mile High City. I’ve been stitching on and off for a long time, but I’ve never completed anything. Stitchalongs are new to me, and I’ll try to keep up despite my broken wrist. Maybe my hubs can help, he stitches too sometimes. I’m glad this is an “at your own pace” project!

• #1195 Reply
    JudgeJody
    Jody

I’m Jody from Minneapolis. I’m a super-stitcher. Follow me on Instagram @judgejody and Twitter @pflipples to see some of the projects I’ve worked on.

• #1197 Reply

Sarah

I’m Sarah from Pittsburgh. I’ve been stitching on and off most of my life (so around 15-20 years) and this is my first stitch-along (bummed that I missed the first). I work at a living history museum in the summer (where it would be totally historically accurate to be stitching while I work) and I work on graphic design for the magazine my husband publishes. We are both very excited for another stitch-along.

• #1198 Reply

Kate

Super excited to be joining tbe Steotchalong for the first time. I was super disappointed to find out about the first round months after it happened. I would guess I’m intermediate level stitcher. I’ve stitched several of Steotch’s patterns before because they are amazing. My favorite was America Supreme, which I gifted to my younger brother who happens to be in the Air Force. It hangs proudly in his kitchen among the empty beer bottles and other assorted detritus of his bachelor pad.

• #1199 Reply

Emilee

I’m in!! This is my second year. I’m in Albuquerque, but moving to Missouri in August. I guess I’m an advanced stitcher. My work has won ribbons at the state fair. I’ve been stitching in some form since I was around 8 years old.

• #1200 Reply

Heather Marie

My name is Heather, I live in Massachusetts, and I have been addicted to starting and hardly ever finishing cross stitch projects for more than 10 years.

I started the last mystery stitchalong! I love having the half finished face of Samuel L Jackson to keep my other half finished projects company.

I am totally gonna finish this one!!! I swear!!!

• #1201 Reply

cate

hello steotchers! i’m cate, i’m from fargo, nd, and i’m a hella-boss knitter, but a n00b stitcher. i think i did three clues of last year’s steotchalong before i realized i had counted wrong and my project was effed, but i hope to restart it at some point, and i’m hoping this one i can keep up with! you can follow me on twitter and instagram @birdgehrl if you’re interested.

• #1203 Reply

Kate

I’m Kate from the NH seacoast. I’ve been dabbling in cross-stitch for years, and I’ve been Steotchalong-ing from the very beginning (last year).

I can’t wait to start! Please feel to follow me on Twitter! (I’ll accept your request & add you back!)

• #1339 Reply

Sarah

I’m in the seacoast NH too Kate! I can’t find your Twitter handle on this post…

• #1204 Reply
    Andrea
    Andrea
    Participant

Another Vermont girl checking in! I did the last stitchalong and it was awesome, I just hope to keep up this time. I’m a pretty good stitcher and am looking forward to this one!

• #1205 Reply

stringerbelle
    Participant

I’m Liz from Nova Scotia. I’m a health professional by day and a stitcher by night. I’ve got a weakness for vulgar hip hop lyrics on traditional motifs. I’m a fairly experienced stitcher, but have a tough time with french knots. This will be my second time participating in a mystery steotchalong. I had a blast last year, and, at the risk of sounding like I have no social life, was always raring to get started on the next pattern. Looking forward to experiencing this steotchalong with other stitching enthusiasts!

• #1334 Reply

Stringer Belle is just a top-shelf handle. That’s good. That’s like a 60-degree day.

• #1206 Reply

Mandy

I’m Mandy from Ohio. I live in a little teeny town that doesn’t have a craft store.. so here’s what I’ll say.. I’m on for the Steotchalong.. I may not use those exact colors, but I’ll do my best with what I’ve got!

• #1335 Reply

Unlike last year, the color hues don’t have to be exact- go with your gut, and I’m sure you’ll be pleased with the result. (You’ll want black and white, though)

• #1207 Reply

Valerie N

I am going to try it. Valerie from Santa Cruz.

• #1214 Reply

Caroline

I’m Caroline from Dallas and according to what my bff Laura said above, I’m an expert! (I try so hard to stay humble.) Last year was my very first stitchalong and I was immediately addicted. Can’t wait to get started on this one!

• #1217 Reply

Ana

Ana from Indiana over here. I did last year’s and stayed on target. I’d say I’m a precocious intermediate stitcher who will spend far more time to stay on schedule than I should given my other obligations. I’ve got the threads, I’ve got the fabric, all I need is the pattern!

• #1218 Reply
    katekate
    Katie

HI!
    I’m Katie! I’m from Indiana. This is my first steotchalong and I’m super stoked to participate!

I consider my stitching to be …. bomb.com.

I’ve got an etsy: http://etsy.com/shop/sarcrosstic

and a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sarcrosstickatie?ref_type=bookmark

I might be good at stitching.. but I’m no good at creating hyperlinks to my site. EEK! 🙂

• #1225 Reply

Heather

Hi all,

I’m Heather, from Melbourne, Australia. I’m a uni student/crazy cat lady. I’m an intermediate level stitcher, but I’m better at starting projects than I am at finishing them. This is my first stitch along.

• #1251 Reply

Jessica

Hi all 🙂 I’m Jessica from northern New Jersey. Pretty sure I’m still considered a beginner. Quarter and three quarter stitches aren’t friends of mine. This will be my first Steotchalong! I’m very excited 😀 I first started stitching a few years ago but was too intimidated to try any sort of stitch along but instantly regretted it after I saw yours was pulp fiction!! Found you guys through Regretsy and have been addicted ever since.

• #1252 Reply
    laura
    Laura

I went to my neighborhood craft store this evening to buy the threads for the steotchalong and the lady checking me out asked me why so many people were buying the same ones. I confirmed that she meant the same 6 colors I had purchased, she said yes. Dallas peeps, where are you?! And when can we have a steotchalong party?! Let’s get together, yeah, yeah, yeah!

• #1333 Reply

I know we mentioned this on FB, but it still blows my mind. So cool. Dallas, you guys rock- I’m so happy you’re here!

• #1263 Reply

Megan

Hello Steotch! I am Megan from Minneapolis, veterinarian by day and crafter by night, and this will be my second Steotchalong. I would consider myself an intermediate stitcher, as I’ve gotten ribbons at the state fair, but they always criticize my stitch tension (lame). I kept up with the last Steotchalong but now I have a bitty baby to take care of too… Looking forward to this round of mystery stitching!

• #1267 Reply

Pete Seazle

Hi, I’m Pete Seazle from Seattle. I’ve been stitching for about 3 years now. I just stumbled upon this steotchalong thing of yours and am quite intrigued! What an awesome idea! I’ll be sure to check back in on Sunday for the first pattern.

Check out my store at http://www.crasscross.com!

• #1268 Reply

Rebecca B

I will be constantly behind and always late to post but I will be steotching along!

• #1269 Reply

Jonni

Hi! This is my first steotchalong. I’m excited, but I haven’t picked a fabric color yet, what is everyone else choosing?

• #1300 Reply

Caroline

I decided on 16 count khaki aida. Fingers crossed it’ll look good!

• #1271 Reply

Jackie

Howdy!
    I’m Jackie from Arizona.

I’ve been stitching on and off since I was 10. My grandmother taught me so I’d have something to do as a sickly kid in and out of hospitals.

Okay, sob story over. I’m a contented intermediate. My backs are never as pretty as my fronts so I just frame ’em and hope nobody opens it up to see the dirty truth.

I started the first one, but then my job went crazy and I was working nutty hours so I never finished it. I a cautiously optimistic that work will play nice so I can finish this.

• #1272 Reply

Ann

I am from Richmond Va. Me and my friend are going to do it!

• #1276 Reply

Em

I’m Emma, stitching away in Melbourne, Australia. First stitchalong and quite excited at this point. Off to buy supplies today. Boyfriend is rolling his eyes already but this is going to be fab!

• #1283 Reply

Heather

I think there are definitely a few Melburnians stitching along. I had to go to 2 different craft stores to gather supplies and even then I got the last skein of red thread. Good luck finding everything Emma.=]

• #1323 Reply

Em

Hey heather, yeah I went to two places yesterday and only have two threads and some Aida haha. Going to try another today or just resort to the stash of threads I already have and hope for the best 🙂

• #1278 Reply

Jennifer

I’m here! Been cross stitching for a long time but I’m still not great with French knot. This is my second stitchalong. I will try to keep up this time!

• #1288 Reply

Meowgan
    Participant

Hi dudes, I’m Megan. I’m also a Melbournian.

I have yet to finish a cross stitch project. I’ve started a few, though. So I think I’ll be okay with this one. I think you have to actually finish something before you graduate past beginner.

I too have a knitting, crochet and general fibre-y problem.

• #1291 Reply
    Chappy523
    Chappy523
    Participant

Will you be stitching along? Who and where are you? Are you a beginning stitcher or a big shot? Got an Etsy to pimp? Let’s be friends.
    I will be stitching alone (virgin run). Live in Chicago, perhaps a baby step above beginner. My nickname is Chappy (real name Stephen). No regretsy to pimp …. maybe one day.

• #1301 Reply
    Syzygy
    Syzygy
    Participant

I’m Lori from Connecticut, and this is my first stitchalong. I’ve been stitching off and on for many a year and have a couple of blue ribbons to my credit, although that may say more about the lack of participation in the local fairs than my stitching skills. I’ve completed several Steotch patterns and have Colonial Brick Home framed and hanging in my kitchen. It never fails to put a grin on my face.

By day I’m a nursing home employee. By night I’m a volunteer EMT. I often work on my stitching while on ambulance duty, and the most common response by my colleagues to Steotch pieces generally goes like this: “What the hell are you making now…oh, MAN, that is AWESOME!”

• #1329 Reply

Hi again, Lori! It’s awesome to see folks all around the globe stitching with us, but I also have a soft spot for friends in our own backyard. Cheers!

• #1306 Reply
    Vicky
    Vicky

Hi Everyone!

I’m Vicky. Stitching for about 2 years now and I like to think I’m getting better. Living in Orlando, Florida. Yes, it’s hot. No, I don’t go to Disney everyday. 🙂 Excited and scared and ready to go!

• #1307 Reply

Chelsea MacHer

Since the first stitchalong looked a lot like my dog Sweet Dee, who happens to be SLJ’s doggelganger, my other guy George Michael is hoping for something that reflects his good looks. He looks like a meerkat.

Super excited to get started. I’m kind of a super fan.

• #1308 Reply

Tom Servo

Erica from DC! First stitch along and I can’t wait!

• #1309 Reply

missfaith
    Participant

faith from Cleveland! I’ve only done a handful of stitching projects, but I’ve loved them all. I’m also a knitter. I did join the first stitchalong but haven’t finished it yet. Hopefully this new one will be just the thing to kick me in the butt and finish the first one!

• #1310 Reply

Lynda H

I can’t wait to play along! I missed the last one and then watched in envy and despair.

• #1311 Reply

Robyn G

I’m in Baton Rouge, LA. I would say I’m an intermediate cross stitcher. I’m a multi – discipline crafter. I sew, crochet, knit, soap, and home DIY. I’m excited for the stitchalong!

• #1313 Reply
    Julia
    Julia

Hi! I’m Julia from Tennessee, and I’ve stitched since I was a little girl. I love geeky and snarky patterns. I just finished stitching Steotch’s “Stitcher’s Delight.” Other recent projects I finished are Ten com Doctor Who, and the Cosmic Cutie from Douglas Adam’s “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” which I gave to Michael Nesmith of The Monkees, because he and Douglas were dear pals. 🙂

• #1314 Reply

Sarah

Hey, all. I’m super excited for this stitchalong. I consider myself to be an intermediate stitcher.

• #1315 Reply

Jamie

Hi this is my first steotchalong I’m from Illinois and am a total newbie . Have ordered some of your patterns from etsy and gave finished product out as christmas gifts.(I was the winner of the best gifts ever award) thank you for this awesome idea and reason to stay up late and catch up on dvr!! Will be donating this and finished rappers delight (thank you) as a raffle prize at fundraiser for my uncle it will be filled with police officers, firefighters and football players so the more inappropriate the better! Bring on Sunday! Ps where do we pay for this on your etsy? Jdiddy

• #1331 Reply

We’ll post links to make a payment here with the patterns. Thanks!

• #1316 Reply

JessiokaFroka

Hi guys! I’m Jessica. I’m from San Fiego, Califronia and I’ve been stitching since I was but a wee little lass. I’m looking forward to making this project my beotch 😀

• #1317 Reply

Megan

So I guess I’m going to try this. I just finished my Father’s Day projects and am lost for what to do next and this seems fun.

I’m not sure what my level of experience really is. I stitch a lot but most of it simple sort of stuff. I do a lot of Blackwork embroidery and I make a lot of my own patterns for other stuff. I’ve never done one of those elaborate kits that are nothing but 8×10 of pure stitches in a million different shades of thread (I work at a craft store so I always see these and ponder on the fact that it would take me 27 years to do because I have no attention span).

• #15699 Reply

Twi

Hi Tony, Yes indeed it is bieutaful and the people are just as bieutaful. They are a subsistence culture but proud of their lot and always so happy and friendly. They do daily sing sings for us and they train all year in readiness for the True North visits! Cheers, Mark

• #1318 Reply

Jessica T.

Hi! I’m Jessica from Albuquerque, NM, and am super excited to be part of the 2nd steotchalong since I also participated in last year’s project. I’ve been a lifelong cross-stitcher and am an award-winning stitcher at County and state fairs. I’m bringing my mom into this year’s project as well, and she can’t wait to start. We’ve been trying to guess what the piece might be but only time will tell. Thanks for doing this stitch-along again!

• #1319 Reply
    Krissi
    Krissi Sandvik

Hi all! My name is Krissi and I am a painter and mixed media artist who started off 10 years ago as an art quilter. I haven’t done any hand needlework since my teens in the 80s, and this got me interested again. I’ve been cross stitching this week in preparation (just finishing the Subversive “Don’t Be A Dick” Wil Wheaton quote pattern.

LET’S GO!

• #1320 Reply

Kat S.

Hi! I’m Kat from Texas (Houston to get all specific-like) and this is my second Steotchalong, although my first is languishing after I fell behind. I’m an “anything that involves pointy objects or making a mess” crafter and an intermediate stitcher, though I’ve been embroidering/cross-stitching/sewing since I was knee-high to a honey badger. I was going to resist this, but I already have half the supplies and I need a new project. Whee!

• #1321 Reply

Suzann

Suzann from WA, here — I’m so excited to start stitching! My experience with cross-stitch has been mostly cute & easy little projects that I’ve given as gifts over the years, so I’m loving the idea of doing a fun, snarky project all for MEEEE. 🙂

• #15309 Reply

Julian

For me, choosing a meaidcl specialty is easy. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to work as a Dermatologist Tech prior to moving to Alaska. What an amazing field! No two cases are the same and more than one type of procedure can be performed in a day. Working for a dermatologist provides the benefits of both a private office setting and hours along with the experience of surgeries and unique treatments. Cyst removals and cancer treatments became the most interesting procedures to me and I can not wait to get back into the field!There are not many positions or specialties I would turn down when it comes to the meaidcl field. If I had to pick one, however, it would have to be gynecology. Why would this be the field I turn down? I am honestly not sure. I must be lacking the gene the would cause me to be interested in the subject! For whatever reason I would choose to work anywhere else before choosing gynecology. Specialty clinics are like sushi I guess. How do you know you don’t like it if you’ve never tried it?!

• #1322 Reply

Ayesha

I’m an intermediate stitcher and a huge fan of your work. So excited to be a part of this stitch along!

• #1324 Reply
    leighdelo
    leighdelo
    Participant

Count me in! I’m Amanda, stitching in Austin, Tejas. Where are all the Austin peeps at??
    I attempted the first Steotch-along, then got flustered and confused. Now a partially finished SMJ stares at me in my WIP box. This time, I’m in it to win it!
    Happy stitchin’ y’all.

• #1330 Reply

You can no more win the Steotchalong than you can win an earthquake.

• #1337 Reply

Amanda, I know for a fact that we sell more patterns in Austin than any other city in the world, so you are definitely not alone there. Something about that city- y’all are freaks, and we love you to pieces.

• #1348 Reply
        leighdelo
        leighdelo
        Participant

you’re definitely right about the freak part! <3

• #1325 Reply
    Keeshaba
    Keeshaba
    Participant

Howdy all! My name is Shelby! I’m originally from TN, but living in Florida now! This will be my first Steotchalong, but I followed the last one. I can’t wait to kick this pig! :3

• #1326 Reply

tezcatlipoca98
    Participant

Melissa from Connecticut. Been stitching off and on for 20+ years Usually I can be found knitting or crocheting.

• #1340 Reply

Sarah

Hi, I’m Sarah in the seacoast NH area. I would guess I’m intermediate. I can do 1/4 and 3/4 stitches and french knots without breaking a sweat. The back looks as nice as the front. However I’ve never tried a pattern that had more than 3 or 4 shades of the same color, and I usually stick to 5 x 7 type stuff. And I have no idea where these fair things are that people are winning ribbons at.

I am a low producer and average one project a year. It’s been two years since the last though, which was a Bwessed Awwangement in May 2012, so it’s time! I actually hadn’t planned on doing this, but decided on the spot yesterday that I was all in. I’m getting my cousin to do it with me too.

• #1366 Reply

Kate

Hi Sarah from NH! I’m from the seacoast! If you’d like to follow me on twitter, I’m @dusie!

• #1344 Reply

MissCoupe

Alright loves, I’m Claire from Manchester in the UK. I’m a decent enough stitcher,I’ve completed Noam Sweet Noam and The Walking Dead baby sampler. I usually stitch up my own designs but they ain’t half as good as Steotch’s. I can’t figure out how to blend a decent colour of my own. I’m too bloody lazy . I started last year’s stitchalo.ng, but never finished when I got left behind a couple of weeks due to work. Not this year though!
    I like swearing, stitching and combining the two

• #1346 Reply

Neffectual
    Participant

Hello! I’m Neff, from Berkshire in the UK. I am NOT a stitcher. Like, I got a really simple pattern and did half of it before realising I’d bled all over the canvas and giving up. My girlfriend is always stitching, and whilst she’s working on a design from a painting which will take her six years if she does an hour every day, I thought I’d join in with this.

Current project is a Night Vale design, but it’s not really mine as I’m just filling in the background, my girl did the counting and the hard stuff! I’m also knitting a Gryffindor scarf, poorly, and it has so far taken nearly a year to get to 14/19 stripes. I have the artistic/crafty talents of a half-dead mollusc, so I can forsee this being a lot of swearing, but I’m really excited to try something new – and I get good girlfriend points for it, so it’s totally going to be worth it.

• #1352 Reply

Heather

Heather from Edinburgh, Scotland by way of New York. Looking forward to this, I’ve now got my supplies in hand!

• #1353 Reply

Leslie

Hey y’all! Leslie here (@lesliedotcom on the Twitter) I’m excited to join– not usually a joiner, haha! I’ve been knitting as of late but used to do needlework and cross stitch as a kid. Can’t wait to get started!

• #1354 Reply

Lindsay O

Hi! I’m Lindsay, and I live 15 minutes from Times Square in New York City. Tourists make me want to scream, so I’ve been spending a lot of time cross stitching lately 🙂 I’m kind of a Steotch pattern hoarder, and even though I’ve bought a gazillion of them I’ve only finished 5 (A Traditional Prayer, Sweet School Skills, The Imposter, Gift of the Magi, and Mawwiage).

I didn’t do the last Stitchalong, which is good because I didn’t get the topic once I saw the finished piece (sorry!), but I’m working on this huge Thomas Kinkade Disney piece now and there are so many trees and flowery things that I figured I needed to take a break for some fuckery. And Steotch always delivers!

• #1355 Reply

Stace-case

Holla! I’m a beginner I suppose. This is my first steotchalong and I’ll be stitching from western mass. I’m hoping my ADD doesn’t get the best of me and that I actually finish!

• #1358 Reply

Megger

Hi, I’m Megan from Missouri. I’ll say it–I’m the greatest stitcher of all time! At least according to my sister, who receives about 5 snarky or inappropriate samplers per year from me, many of them from Steotch–Family Love, America Supreme, Mawwiage, and of course last year’s Steotchalong masterpiece, which she chose to hang above her toilet, so “men can admire it while they pee.” Working on that portrait of Mr. Jackson and trying to guess what in the world it could be was the most fun I’ve ever had stitching, and I ALWAYS have a ball, so that’s saying something. I’ve been waiting all year for another Steotchalong and boy am I antsy. Let’s do this!

• #1363 Reply

Ali

Hi – Ali from Missouri, year 2 participant. Glad to be back 🙂

• #1370 Reply

McKenzie

Hey all! I’m McKenzie. This is my first stitchalong and I’ll be working on this from just south of Seattle, WA. I’m super excited! I’m an intermediate stitcher who started stitching as a kid. I kept it mostly to holiday craft kits until I discovered Steotch. Now I search Esty regularly for new patters from y’all and other crafty people. (Please make the MST3K piece into a pattern – pretty please!) 🙂

• #1388 Reply

Megan

I’m Megan from Maryland and this is my first Steotchalong, though I’ve done two of your patterns – okay I’ve started two of your patterns. I consider myself an intermediate stitcher, though I do more embroidery than cross stitch. And personally I love french knots like a fat woman such as myself loves cake.

• #1390 Reply

Julie S

I think I found all the colors in stash so I’m in!

• #1402 Reply
    caldcadet
    caldcadet
    Participant

Hi everyone!

My name is Rob, and I am usually a knitter, but, I do stray and cross stitch sometimes.

My goal in this project is to get my mother cross stitching again. She did it quite a bit when I was younger, and is quite good. In recent years, she has fallen off the wagon. I am harassing her on Facebook until she gives in and joins.

• #15831 Reply

Joakin

hey teresathanks for the video..its great very clear! i am a beingner, knew nothing but the chains when i? tried making this cap, took a little bit of trying and retrying but i got the hat perfectly..only problem is its too small! n i have a pretty large head, cud u explain how to make it larger? i used a 5.5 hook and normal wool ( donno what size, but looks thinner than yours). I really wanna make one my size, please help .thanks

• #17590 Reply

German

I do that gathering sctith around the circles too. I use a plastic circle template, gather around edge, pull up gathers around the circle and then steam set with the plastic circle still inside. When you take out the plastic circle before appliqueing the fabric remembers the circle and goes right into shape.Laura

• #87156 Reply

Kailyn

levitra generic self-medicate yourself master card viagra effective ways healthcare insurance car insurance quotes brand daily cialis online anti erectile

• #1407 Reply

Jess

I’m Jess from MA. This is my second (well third if you count my other WIP) since I was a kid. This is my first stitch along.

• #1409 Reply

Rachhayley

I’m Rachael from Southern Indiana. I started cross stitching when I was about 8 while my grandmother was in the hospital. She taught me everything I ever could have wanted to know about needle point, crochet, and cross stitch. I would say that I’m an intermediate stitcher, but this is my first stitch along. I’m very excited to get going! 🙂

• #1422 Reply

brigid

i was intrigued by this steothalong idea, and at the last minute i decided to commit.
    i haven’t cross stiched in years, so forgive me if my results will be a “work in progress”.
    here i am. ready to go.

• #1423 Reply

brigid

i am intrigued by this steotchalong, and decided to commit at the last minute.
    i have not corss stitched in years, so forgive me if my results are a “work in progress”.
    here i am. ready to go!

• #1426 Reply

Abby Fiscus

Hello all! I’ve been stitch off and on for many years. I missed out on last year’s event. I am NOT missing this one!

I can’t wait to see what awful joke we turn out.

Happy stitching!

Clear skies,
    Abby

• #1428 Reply

indyrowergirl

Natalie from Indiana joining in. I started stitching in Jr. High Home Ec and I’m now getting back into it after taking a few years off to try other things like crochet and knitting. This will be my first Steotch project and I can’t wait to see what happens.

• #1429 Reply

indyrowergirl

Natalie from Indiana joining in. I’ve been stitching since Jr. High Home Ec, but haven’t done much these last few years. This will be my first Steotch project, and I’m dying of curiosity to see how it turns out.

• #1439 Reply
    Clementine
    Kara Martin

Hey, hey!!

I’m Kara from the Washington DC area & I consider myself to be an above average stitcher. Got me an inappropriate shop over at the Etsy & love all things hilarious & irreverent!I’m shaming the family name one finished project at a time! I am Looking SO forward to stitching along with everyone!

• #1451 Reply

MoragsCrossStitch

Hi all!

Just found out about the steotchalong and am super excited to be joining in!
    I am a teacher in Singapore so I have plenty of time to get stitching now I am on summer break 🙂

I have a little etsy shop which I am working on – http://www.moragscrossstitch.etsy.com

Let’s get stitching 🙂

• #1452 Reply
    SammyWinchestersMistress
    SammyWinchestersMistress

Heyas! Someone on Reddit posted this steotchalong so I came to check it out. I am very intrigued! I’m doing a couple of big, for me, stitchy things for SpriteStitch during this month as well so I don’t know if I’ll hit the dates but here’s to hoping! Let the mystery Stitching begin!

• #1461 Reply
    doodah
    doodah
    Participant

Hello,

I am very new to cross-stitch, as in I have completed my first 2 in the last month. I found this site and this looks like a lot of fun so this will be my first steotch-along. Looking forward to it.

• #1478 Reply

Neural2007
    Participant

Dude joining in here. I’ll be using 18 Aida, because its what I have available. It should fit in a 4×6 at the end mathematically. Good times all around

• #1479 Reply

Neural2007
    Participant

Dude joining in here, Aaron in Cleveland. I’ll be using 18 Aida, because its what I have available. Mathematically, it should fit in a 4×6. Good times all around.

• #1482 Reply

dckbuttlvr17

Hi, I’m Amy from Charlotte NC. While I’m a veteran cross stitcher, I’m a rookie at actually finishing these things (unless they involve profanity) I knit, croxhet , spin, dye, basically anything crafty. Glitter is my favorite color.

• #1495 Reply

Summer Plum

I actually just learned about this yesterday! And have been wanting to do a stitch-a-long but couldn’t afford many others. Excited to be able to participate in this one thanks to a friends suggestion! Happy it’s a more… grown up stitch-a-long too. 🙂

I’ll be sharing my progress on twitter & Instagram at @summerplum.

Starting mine now! 🙂

• #1523 Reply

BB

Hello friends! I hail from the great plains of Oklahoma. I am a wee beginner when it comes to stitching but am very excited to take part in this years Steotchalong. Hope I can make you proud!

• #1538 Reply
    talkn3rdytome
    talkn3rdytome
    Participant

Hello! I’m Liz from Seattle and this is my first mystery stitch. I’ve been doing needlework since I was about seven and I couldn’t be more elated to find this site!

• #1539 Reply

revi
    Participant

Hey, I’m Jennifer!

Although I participated in the last steotchalong, I didn’t finish because I hit a spot of stupid and used two threads for the backstitching on the lips. Let’s just say his mouth isn’t giving up the extra tread very easily. It sits in my pile of unfinished projects, in the corner of shame.

I hereby resolve to pay more attention this time!

Mostly.

Having these forums to connect with is pretty awesome!

• #1566 Reply

Mbroidress
    Participant

Aight. I’m in! This is my first steotchalong but not even close to my first stitching. I’m looking forward to seeing the design unfold! I live in Norfolk UK and I do have an etsy shop… it can be found here… Crown Street Cottage

Cheers!
    April

• #1613 Reply

Becki Moore

This is my first Steochalong (or however you spell it). I’m a week late but that’s okay. I am really looking forward to this. Thanks for going easy on us.

• #1627 Reply
    Hickerson
    Hickerson

Hickerson here, checking in late, although I’m almost done with Pattern 2. There are so many people from east of the Continental Divide! I’m from not-Portland, Oregon and this is my first Steotchalong.

By day I’m a boring accountant. By night I’m an advanced beginner stitcher (French knots can kindly go jump off a bridge). I’ve done Steotch’s Mawwiage, Cheezburger, and assorted meme ornaments as well as patterns from other snarky Etsy shops. I also dabble in crochet.

• #15270 Reply

Rudi

Since there is so many fields of siepcalties that I have a choice of, I still really can’t choose one. So I am going base on my personal experiences. My original goal back in high school and maybe even before that, was to work in a Neonatal ICU! I had a brother that passed before he had his first birthday from heart complications, and that year I spent a lot of time at hospitals with my parents. My goal the first couple of years was to work with babies just like him. That was until I had my own children, I would of still loved to have worked in that career field but the heart ache I would most likely endure when one of those babies did not make it home. I could not have handled!On to more positive experiences, I have worked with the elderly and Geriatrics interests me very much. Being surrounded with people that have lived a fulfilled life is so much more rewarding. Even though at times it is the ending stages of their lives, and it is sad when someone does pass. It’s less of a heartache to know that most of the time they are ready to move on. They are still very dependent on you and when you are able to help them with their needs that’s the most rewarding of all, plus you form a special relationship with the patients and their families.

• #48687 Reply

vubpncdgax

jordan 13 black red the Easter Egg Roll get to take home their wooden spoon used to move
    jordan 11 legend blue the electrical grid, water supply and other critical sectors.
    legend blue 11s Stir in the couscous and reduce the heat so the mixture simmers. It
    enforcement methods. Limited investments will result in shortages of http://www.jabberdust.ca/legendblue11s/
    legend blue 11s Prize this year for his play “Disgraced,” and American Dervish is his
    jordan 13 black red sport has to be a good one, and when you start to get into
    锘?

• #67995 Reply

mens louis vuitton monogram bags

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the future. All the best
    mens louis vuitton monogram bags http://www.katflynt.com/mens-louis-vuitton-monogram-bags-b-8263.html

• #100976 Reply

summercf4
  • #102009 Reply

agistuctisk

gmandntbhyuaceqcsjzuolvnhesadzupdoqbvqxszrjnsvgbfwejmboabqtrfpejqizixxflks
    Порно видео молодых девушек и пожилых женщин
    Ххх видео.зірок
    Интимное видео девушек в трикотажных
    Трахают в два смычка видео
    Видеогалереи раскрытых писек женщин крупным планом
    Порна негры видео
    Лучший сайт порно видео знаменитостей
    Порно сайт видео голых блядеи
    Мужские лица и их члены сравнительные видео
    Жіночі бої у грязі видео
    Порно видео острые ощущения девушек
    Как жена сосёт член видео
    Красивий сиска видео
    Порно видео в эротической белье
    Порно видеогалереи порка
    Видео met-art dominika
    Видео жопы анус
    Девушки трахаются видео
    Жмж видео комиксы
    Азитки в униформе видео
    Видео голих жон бабушек девушек
    Порно зрелих мам видео
    Лучшее ххх порновидео бесплатно
    Сиськи 6 размера порновидео
    Секс инцест брат с сестрои видео

• #102277 Reply

exiseeMype

ptkjgjganxyvxhbvkevlmtlnpmrhvvdifobrnpztbrjixfpaagaimlzdvxwhfoxrcybowhctlqzkwsffoyaidfskqu
    tnuslrguohlodjgamjndpgioguhpvprkzgtrvaxjswgtllquvzbmrbwuaypefqabnyqohjihqbcfyiixobxjoqrrsq

Видео японского порно
    Смотреть онлайн бесплатно порн видео
    Соски минет видео
    http://Www.ka4ka.ru видео голых девушек в душе
    Нежный секс втроем видеографии
    Порно 55 летний мужик видео
    Строение вагины девственницы видео
    Гиг порно японочки берут в ротик видео
    Эротическое видео женщин 50
    Самые сиськастые китаяночки видео
    Дивитися порно видео беременных
    Зрелое женшины з болшое задом порнуха видео
    Смотреть видео порно актрисы
    Частные видео клитера
    Инородное предметы во влагалище видео
    Лесбиянки с имитаторами видео
    Видео частные сосалки
    Девушку трахают трое видео
    Мокрая влагалище крупным планом видео
    Невеста порно секс видео
    Интим видео девушек из друг вокруг
    Видеоэротика молодых
    Видео галереи минета
    Частное трусики под колготками видео
    Подрачить на порно видео наруто

• #1212 Reply

corinne_merc
    Participant

Hello, stitchalong gang, I’m Corinne from Maryland. I’ve been stitching since I was a kid, and have completed two Steotches: America Supreme and Bwessed Awwaingement. (Both were a blast!) I didn’t participate in the first stitchalong, so I’m very excited about doing this one!

• #1371 Reply
    mopo1978
    mopo1978
    Participant

Hey Steotchalong Peeps. I’m Maura from Illinois. Started stitching when I was in my teens, and my mom has always marveled that I am able to do *counted* cross stitch (she only ever attempted stamped, and that never turned out well). Anywho, I did the Steotchalong last year and miraculously kept up, even with an 8-month old at home. This year he’s 20 months, so we’ll see how that goes. I suspect he’s probably going to flush this one at some point. My saving grace is that I’m a teacher, so I have actual time this summer to do the Steotchalong, hopefully when he’s asleep 🙂 Can’t wait to get started!!! And P.S.–I loathe french knots. Loathe!

• #1415 Reply

frostyplum
    Participant

Oh my, this certainly is a lot of Steotchalongers. I came in too late for the first one, but once I saw the result, I wanted to be a part of whatever came next.

Hi, I’m Shannon from Chicago. I cross-stitched when I was a wee babe, lost the art, then picked it back up again a few years ago. Why? So I could render my favorite Final Fantasy IV characters in thread. Since then I’ve made several MST3k- and Doctor Who-related patterns, and sold both the patterns and finished products on Etsy. I also knit, crochet, draw and play games.

My Etsy: http://frostyplum.etsy.com
    My Twitter handle: @frostyplum

Release the hounds! 😀

Reply To: Steotchalong Roll Call
Your information:

One thought on “Steotchalong Roll Call

1. Pingback: A Quick Note Before We Begin | STEOTCH: Fine Needleart

Comments are closed.