OFFICIAL GUESSES THREAD

Home Forums Steotchalong 2015 OFFICIAL GUESSES THREAD

• Author

This is the thread where you make a guess and win a prize.

Complete “rules” here.

One guess per guest, please.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD, OBVS

• #102871 Reply

Carly Nichols

My guess is Ninja Turtles

• #102896 Reply

area

This is less “what I actually think it is” and more “what i want it to be”, but: Chewbacca, roaring. He is surrounded by decorative flowers. Pattern wording: “I Bent My Wookie”.

• #102897 Reply

alexemery
    Participant

i was wondering if once somebody gets the answer correct will it only be announced on this thread? i want to try and keep it a mystery through the whole piece if possible. πŸ˜›

• #102903 Reply

schmez

agreed, I’d like it to be a mystery as long as possible. Maybe the winner could be contacted privately?

• #102905 Reply

Elli

Bob Ross paining happy little clouds.

• #102933 Reply

Kathy

I’m also leaning towards TMNT. But I think it will be Shredder holding the ooze over the baby turtles saying something like What’s the worst that could happen.

• #102943 Reply

Andi Leigh

That’s a whole lot beaver gray…At first I was hoping it would be another Judge Judy cross stitch. But I think it’s a dude in a suit. I hope it’s Sean Connery from the Jeopardy SNL skits, with options to customize your own awesome phrase. Suck it Trebek!

• #102951 Reply

Summer

Camouflage? Maybe Duck Dynasty?

• #103007 Reply

Emma

Going on the browns and greys my fake internet money is on Shredder and Splinter fighting it out, with something ninja turtley happening in the background. Whatever it is it will be awesome πŸ™‚

• #103037 Reply

Kathy

I just finished part 1 and I now think it’s Splinter with what I’m really hoping are Foot Soldiers

• #103038 Reply

Stitchy Bitch

My fiancΓ© guessed “a shoe”. I’m going to disagree with him, and go with GoT Khaleesi & her dragons.

• #103040 Reply
    Lizzy
    Lizzy
    Participant

I’m gonna guess it’s gonna be Bebop and Rocksteady being big old BFF’s.

• #103065 Reply

jeania85
    Participant

My first thought was TMNT but thought maybe it was too obvious. That Steotch wanted to get us off track. I thought about another movie one that has ooze in it. I tried to think of one that the colors could fit. My guess is going to be Ghostbusters.

• #103069 Reply

technicallie
    Participant

after the 2nd pattern, i’m guessing it’s Jabba the Hut. partially because it looks like Jabba, and partially because i’d be SO EXCITED if it is. that’d be so cool

• #103072 Reply

The Hoop & Needle

One guess per week or one guess for the entire stitchalong? Cause I guess I should just keep it to myself then….

• #103075 Reply

Lindsay

I’m definitely seeing camo shoulders. I’m hoping for something about M*A*S*H or Tropic Thunder.

• #103077 Reply

ksarsenault
    Participant

Han Solo and Chewbacca saying Home Sweet Home?

• #103084 Reply

Robin R.

My guess is….GHOSTBUSTERS!

• #103085 Reply

EWM
    Participant

A Ghostbusters/ MASH mix. “Who Ya Gonna Call???” 4077!!!

• #103088 Reply

Valerie

I am guessing Master Splinter from TMNT!

• #103101 Reply

slightlyfoxed
    Participant

I’m tossing in another vote for Han Solo and Chewbacca. Granted “We’re home” is a bit twee for this lot; prolly something more raw (I hope.)

• #103102 Reply

Shannon

I’m gonna go with Master Splinter and the TMNT with the genius lyrics from the rapper Lil’ Wayne: “All rats gotta die, even Master Splinter.”

• #103113 Reply

Michelle DeBruyn

Han Solo. “Han shot first.”

• #103116 Reply

Jacquie

I guess Jabba the Hutt with slave Leia.

• #103118 Reply

dontcallmepeggy
    Participant

I see the venerable Dr. Ian Malcolm, in leather jacket, with at least one dinosaur in the works behind him…perfect gap at the bottom for “Life finds a way…” or just the “Nyah hehh hahh ha hahhaaa” laugh over and over
    I have a crudely drawn MS paint rendering (that I did on top of someone else’s WIP picture since I’m not done with week 2 yet! For shame.) but I don’t know if posting that fits in the rules, yo!

• #103120 Reply

Kae

Don Draper from Mad Men

• #103123 Reply

Heather

Even though others have already guessed this and my entry won’t count, I am totally also guessing this is Jabba the Hutt AND THAT WILL BE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

• #103130 Reply
    Mama Dragon
    Mama Dragon
    Participant

I’m thinking it’s a Goonies treasure map.

All I see thus far is the cave where One-Eyed Willy’s ship is hiding.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Mama Dragon Mama Dragon.
  • #103136 Reply

Wendy

I’m guessing Han and Chewie too. Something about that brown jacket cries out Han Solo.

• #103152 Reply

Sasha

Well, it won’t count as it’s already been guessed, but this is definitely going to be Han Solo and Chewbacca. Very excited to see the finished article. Guessing it’s going to be a choose your own adventure text.

Too bad, that description of Goldblum further up sounds amazing!

• #103153 Reply
    mopo1978
    Maura

Ugh, it’s totally Han and Chewie. HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND. Ok, I think I have zero chance of winning, but, just in case, I am holding out hope that the green thread is in some way meant to incorporate Yoda. So, it’s Han, Chewie, AND Yoda. With a choose your own adventure saying like “we’re home” or “bro’s before yo’s”

• #103154 Reply
      mopo1978
      Maura

And it’s totally NEW Han and Chewie. The jacket was throwing me cause old Han doesn’t have a patch on his jacket.

• #103170 Reply

AndiLeigh

I agree with Maura! I knew it was a guy in a suit with a gun, but I didn’t think it could be Hans because of the color/patch.

• #103156 Reply

Emily

My guess is a mutated fish.

• #103157 Reply

Jonathan Hooker

Chewie and Han from the Ep 7 trailer. Some sort of snarked up, Steochified riff on “Chewie, we’re home.”

• #103158 Reply

Stacy

Han and chewie escaping the mos eisley space port. No idea what the quote is.

• #103161 Reply

DetroitMommy
    Participant

Han and Chewie playing a game. Quote something about letting the wookie win.

• #103168 Reply
    Jenny
    Jenny

Okay so not the original guesser on it, but deffo Han&Chewie! Weapons in hand, “Welcome Home” banner in the background? I don’t care about winning anymore, I’m just so excited it’s Star Wars!!!

• #103169 Reply

Golux
    Participant

Han and Chewie and the banner is about Wookie Life Day

• #103181 Reply

Leah

ugh!! this was my guess but I’m too late to say it now.
      you’re totally right.

• #103174 Reply

Lu

GOT – Hodor!!

• #103184 Reply

Siege

Woohoo! It’s totally Han and Chewie! I’m gonna guess a banner like ‘I’ve got a bad feeling about this!’ though πŸ˜‰

• #103185 Reply

Ana

It’s definitely Han and Chewie, but totally cheating because it’s from the not-even-released-yet Star Wars 7 (http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_1716,w_4096/t_mp_quality/n8lmngn6w6jkjpsua8ra/will-han-solo-survive-star-wars-episode-7-the-force-awakens-han-amp-chewie-in-the-for-366237.jpg).

So stoked, love Harrison Ford and Star Wars! Not sure what the saying(s) will be, but I’m already in love!

• #103186 Reply
    katekate
    katekate
    Participant

I was hoping it was Spaceballs where the little alien comes out of the dude’s stomach and sings a Broadway song…

If it’s Star Wars, I’ll probably cry. Shame me all you want, but I HATE STAR WARS!!!!!

• #103189 Reply

Blahdaboom

Obviously it’s Chewie and Han, but the bells tell me it’s something about love. Like “Love means never having to say ‘I know'”. Or maybe about gay marriage, like “Chewie, we’re homos”. Or “Happy Han-niversary”.

Or maybe just “Han sweet Han”. Or an early “Keep the Han in Hannukah” sampler.

Regardless, I’m excited!

• #103190 Reply

Blahdaboom

Ooh! Or “With me as a friend, you never have to go Solo”.

Okay I’m done.

• #103193 Reply

Tracey Jackson

“Chewie, we’re home” Han and Chewie in the Millennium Falcon from the new Disney Movie Star Wars Episode VII.

• #103196 Reply

Kate

Obviously Chewbacca & Han Solo (Hooray!!! I’ve been hoping for Star Wars since this started!), but the wording is the question. I like the “Home Sweet Home” idea. Might not win me anything, but I am SO HAPPY to be stitching Chewie!

• #103198 Reply

The Hoop & Needle

I’m ready to make official guesses. These are based off my personal hatred of star wars and the increasing level of denial I’ve landed myself in.

There’s a guy in a suit. He is clearly a sexy and well-loved older gentleman. He will be either Bill Murray or George Clooney.

On the left side, it might be bigfoot…cause that’s cool. But it’s probably a hedgehog. An adorable hedgehog. Cause you LOVE adorable.

And, in the perfect universe….it is Bill Murray with a groundhog. OH PLEASE PLEASE LET IT BE!!!

• #103200 Reply

Kathleen

I second this nomination. I don’t hate star wars, but I LOVE Bill Murray.

• #103229 Reply

Deb

THIRDED! lol, we lose, kids, we’re outnumbered. NEXT TIME, I won’t read the forum before I’m done! πŸ™‚ Still fun. πŸ™‚

• #103203 Reply

Kate

Wishful guessing…Trumpy. “It stinks!”

• #103228 Reply

Deb

THIRDED! lol, we lose, kids, we’re outnumbered. NEXT TIME, I won’t read the forum before I’m done! πŸ™‚ Still fun. πŸ™‚

• #103215 Reply
    fairiefire
    fairiefire
    Participant

One of the doctors from the show Children’s Hospital next to the Sphinx trying to solve the riddle of an ailment like on House. It’s the only explanation I have for that clown-face-like pattern at the top.

• #103254 Reply

Holly

I’m guessing it’s basically this picture: http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/fjb1FWkrth4x.jpg

• #103270 Reply

Laurin

Well obvs it’s Han and Chewie (from the new Star Wars, probably that picture that Holly posted?)

I think there’ll be wording, maybe “Han, sweet Han” ?

• #103271 Reply

Laurin

Oh – and I think the stuff at the top of the design is fireworks πŸ™‚

• #103363 Reply
    Hickerson
    Hickerson

This isn’t a guess so much as a wish. I really hope one of our caption options this year is in Wookiee.

Reply To: OFFICIAL GUESSES THREAD
Your information: