Steotchalong 2015 has come lumbering to its crafty conclusion – after 600+ posts in the forums, 450+ photos on Instagram, and notes and tweets from stitchers around the globe – we’re happy to post the final choose-your-own-ending pattern, below. We hope you like it. A HUGE thank-you to everyone who played along and took the leap of faith.
Steotchalong 3 patterns will only stay online through the month of August. Grab them now if you still need to catch up!
Update, 9/1/15: Steotchalong 3 has ended and the patterns are no longer available. Sorry!
SEND US YOUR SELFIES – when you’ve got your piece finalized, post it on Twitter, our FB, or Instagram with hashtag #steotchalong – or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have plans for showcasing the work of the whole community here – so don’t dawdle!
You can help ensure future Steotchalongs by visiting us on Etsy.
It’s Steotchalong Watchalong Time.
What’s distracting us today?
A photo posted by Nicole (@craftycoleyoley) on
A photo posted by amanda (@plasticlachesis) on
— Kara Martin (@karamedic) June 22, 2015
(courtesy of Hey Clementine on FB)
And a bird:
A photo posted by Sasha (@proudtitania) on
— Lindsay Jakes (@lindsay_jakes) June 22, 2015
A photo posted by Sarah of JSLCrafts (@jslcrafts) on
Needle Minder Gallery:
Keep stitching, and keep posting… hashtag #steotchalong (watch your spelling) – and we’ll find you.
Pattern 5 coming your way…
First, the stunt stitchers:
On the bus:
In the theater:
A photo posted by Jacy (@jacy_max) on
Next to a GLASS OF WINE
There was Jessica, who finished Pattern 1 the same day we posted it:
— Jessica Troy (@Vampytoto) June 15, 2015
And Elaine, who also wrote a lovely blog post:
And two more from the Twitterverse:
— Carly Nichols (@squingebob) June 16, 2015
— Dazzler (@alderaphobia) June 19, 2015
And the Gridders from Facebook:
and Michelle Hoff Debruyn
I just need to remark what a wonderful community has emerged around this event. The forums have been hopping, as well as chatter on all the social media channels – and everyone is so much fun, and so enthusiastic. And no assholes (so far)! Do you know how rare this is on the internets? So, a big thank you to all.
The Official Guesses Thread is a little slow – people are understandably saving their guess. But you are encouraged to “unofficially” guess elsewhere in the forums or on FB/Twitter/wherever. It’s just that for the contest we needed to have an official space. Guess all you want anywhere else.
Also – Emily has stated that she will be very surprised if no one guesses it correctly after the next pattern comes out. If someone gets it right, we will NOT acknowledge that fact at all (at first). Eventually you will all figure it out, one way or another, and the winner will be clear.
Okay. Pattern 2, coming at you Monday.
Steotchalong 3 begins on June 15, and as promised, we are incorporating a small contest into this year’s event. Seeing as each year there’s a bit of a flurry of guesses and speculation once we’re underway, and we always acknowledge the first person to identify the pattern – whether it be on Facebook, Twitter, or the official forums – this year we’re just going to go ahead and make it official:
ヽ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ﾉ GUESS THE PATTERN AND WIN ~(˘▾˘~)
Here are the rules:
1) HOW TO GUESS: On Monday, when we post Pattern 1, we will also post an Official Guesses thread on the Steotch.com forum. You must use this thread to post your guess. If you want to shout out your guesses somewhere else on the interwebs, like our Facebook page, that’s fine, but to win the contest, it’s got to be here. You can only guess once on the official thread. Choose wisely.
2) SPECIFICITY: Your guess needs to have some degree of specificity. In other words, if – hypothetically speaking – the eventual pattern ends up being Omar Little eating Honey Nut Cheerios – we’re not going to give you the win if you just posted “The Wire” a week earlier. You need to be more specific.
3) WHAT’S THE PRIZE?: The winner will receive a new never-before-seen original finished Steotch sampler, along with a do-it-yourself kit from our Etsy store, and some Steotch postcards and decals. Suggested retail value: $78,000.
4) ATTIRE: Clothing is optional during the Steotchalong but we recommend sitting on a towel.
5) WHO CAN PLAY?: We’re willing to ship the prize package to anywhere in the US or Canada – but not overseas. If you live somewhere other than America or America’s Hat, and are the first to guess, we will be happy to offer you a generous gift certificate for the Steotch Etsy store. You do not need to purchase anything to play, and do not need to make a contribution to the pay-what-you-want fund for the Steotchalong.
6) DISPUTES: We’re trusting you guys to not take this too seriously. In any event, let it be set forth here that the winner will be decided by Steotch alone and the decision will be final.
Without further delay – your 2014 Steotch Fine Needleart Official Holiday Ornaments have arrived:
… and from our brand to yours, most sincere non-marketingy wishes for a happy holiday.
(Please buy stuff.)